On the left you can see it as received and on the right with a new pin catch and the chain reattached. Fortuately the beautiful filigree work on the front face remained intact.
This style of bracelet has a design flaw. When the bracelet is flexed to get it on and off it work hardens and fails at the thinnest point which is the wing joint.
I managed to rejoin the wing and added a brace section underneath for added strength. It doesn’t affect the looks or wearability, but should make the bracelet last a good few years now.
It’s not the first I’ve had to fix!
When I was asked to repair this ring, there were no floating rings – they had slipped off/ broken or otherwise vanished. Two copper and one silver ‘distressed rings were requested and delivered.
The partner of the earring on the right disappeared and I was asked to make an earring to match it. The owner was happy with a standard pin and butterfy fitting. It isn’t perhaps obvious from the picture but the tube is square section and I could only buy round tube. The solution is to pull the tube through a square drawplate several times to convert the profile. The match was good.
One of the knuckles on the hinge of the clasp had torn through completely and the others were showing serious wear. It’s a really heavy bracelt and buts a lot of strain on the hinges. They were originally thin-walled tube, but I’ve replaced them with proper thick-walled hinge tube. The hinges should last for years and years now.